Thursday, September 24, 2009
Saturday, September 19, 2009
1 small Roast of beef
Take the two roasts and put them in the oven.
When the little one burns, the big one is done.
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Thanks again for looking at my blog. Please leave a note if you have time. Joan
Saturday, September 12, 2009
It is raining again.......it has rained almost all day. Cooling things off a bit but in Florida Fall and Winter are still months away.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
The US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets away.
Use them all the time when playing baseball and soccer.
It really works. The insects just veer around you.
All this time you've just been putting Bounce in the dryer!
1. It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice.
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don't get opened too often.
4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home - Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car - Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14.. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.
16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
22. Wet a Bounce sheet, hose down your car, and wipe love bugs off easily with the wet Bounce.
23. If you have a dog that has fine hair and static makes shocks and makes their hair fly away, just smooth a sheet of Bounce down across their back. They will smell good and have no more static.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Monday, September 7, 2009
Karen and Lauren at High School graduation this year.
Next is my SIL, Duane with the boys, Aaron, Austin and Bubba.
Aren't they precious? But, so far away. They live in Las Vegas and I'm in Florida. We haven't been out there in forever.
Hopefully, they will all come here for the opening of the Harry Potter ride at Universal Studios.
Here is my beloved hubby. Nicest guy in the world!! The little one is the youngest granddaughter, Summer. She was 2 in this pic.
Here are the Doxies. I call this picture "The Two Headed Dog"
The reason I started my blog was to share my friends' sites as well as to promote some of the items I sell. Besides the patterns and fabric, now that I have some extra time, I am starting to make some quilts and totebags. At least I am comfortable sewing as opposed to blogging.
Thanks for looking at my Blog. I promise it will improve with experience. Please post your comments and links to your blogs. I look forward to making more wonderful friends on the internet.